Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/11/18 14:27:20 UTC

[PROPOSAL]Blogs about SkyWalking deep dive

Hi everyone

I and Hongtao Gao have some discussion during KubeCon China. He proposed to write and publish a series of blogs in next several months, which are all about how SkyWalking core works. In agent, backend, protocols. Each blog would be too long, make it easy to read in 15 mins. If anyone is interested about it, please reply.

Wenbin Wang.
I have known, you used to do this for SkyWalking v5. Now I and Gao want to build a new series, how do you think?

Also, these blogs could be in English and Chinese both, but at least, let's put them in English at least.

Also, another thing needs to discuss, where should we post these blogs, especially English version. We have following options
1. Buy a new website name, such as `learn-skywalking.io`, `getSkywalking.io`
2. Use skywalking.apache.org, but the theme needs to adjust to change. Now, blog page are using for document links. And markdown supports are not well, like table is not supported.
3. Use skywalking Apache WIKI[1]
Or other proposal you have :)

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking & Sharding-Sphere

Re: [PROPOSAL]Blogs about SkyWalking deep dive

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
I suggest using a new GitHub repository to store blogs with templates such
as Hugo etc.
Writers can generate the whole blog site manually, or use a GitHub webhook
to do it automatically.

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2018年11月19日周一 上午9:17写道:

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
The blog(cn/en) have been integrated into the website already. And it supports auto deployment now. Welcome to contribute blogs to the official site.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

From:  "With Lin"<wi...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Wed, Dec 12, 2018 04:45 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@skywalking.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [PROPOSAL]Blogs about SkyWalking deep dive

hi,

The website looks not bad, I see the website has a blog, I think blogs
can be displayed on the website.

Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org> 于2018年12月12日周三 下午3:55写道:

Posted by With Lin <wi...@gmail.com>.
hi,