Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/26 07:45:02 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8253 Adding reaction support for comments

---

** [tickets:#8253] Adding reaction support for comments**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Fri Oct 26, 2018 07:45 AM UTC by Shalitha Suranga
**Last Updated:** Fri Oct 26, 2018 07:45 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

This is related with merge request [#135](https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/merge-requests/135/) comments.

VotableArtifact stores +1 and -1 in seperate fields
```
    votes_up = FieldProperty(int, if_missing=0)
    votes_down = FieldProperty(int, if_missing=0)
```

So can we create something like ReactableArtifact

```
    react_thumbs_up = FieldProperty(int, if_missing=0)
    react_thumbs_down = FieldProperty(int, if_missing=0)
    react_thumbs_tada = FieldProperty(int, if_missing=0)
    ..
    react_thumbs_up_users = FieldProperty(int, if_missing=0)
```

Another thing is that since Allura supports comment replies like a tree. we may ignore who reacted .. we just take count only. But normally it is needed

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #8253 Adding reaction support for comments

Posted by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com>.
- **status**: open --> in-progress

---

** [tickets:#8253] Adding reaction support for comments**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Fri Oct 26, 2018 07:45 AM UTC by Shalitha Suranga
**Last Updated:** Fri Oct 26, 2018 09:21 AM UTC

Posted by Ingo <in...@gmx.net>.
+1 for this ;)

I personally found, that this is a very important feature.

1) You can provide readers the most relevant content
2) Editors can participate better by giving their agreement on s.th.
3) And finally you can even use this information for rewards

So for the last point, it would be good to have the number of votes in the user statistics.

> ... we may ignore who reacted

I don't think so. It will be necessary to know exactly to which artifacts a user has already voted, to avoid doulbe votes.

---

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: review --> closed
- **assigned_to**: Shalitha Suranga
- **Reviewer**: Dave Brondsema
- **Comment**:

Merged at https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/merge-requests/308/

---

** [tickets:#8253] Adding reaction support for comments**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Fri Oct 26, 2018 07:45 AM UTC by Shalitha Suranga
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 08, 2018 06:08 AM UTC
**Owner:** Shalitha Suranga

Posted by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com>.
- **status**: in-progress --> review

---

** [tickets:#8253] Adding reaction support for comments**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Fri Oct 26, 2018 07:45 AM UTC by Shalitha Suranga
**Last Updated:** Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:01 AM UTC