Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2010/04/21 20:12:06 UTC

Change Item price on a COMPLETED Purchase Order

My users frequently need to change prices on items on Purchase Orders after
they are completed.

I cannot follow the Purchase Order logic well enough to be sure of all
consequences if I change a completed order.
Basically, we order at one price,  but may receive and invoice at a
different price, and this happens frequently.

I don't know if I should be adding an adjustment item to each order, or just
changing the unit price in the corresponding
OrderItem, and I don't know if there are any non-obvious consequences (like
accounting transactions) that would be missed
if I do that.

Please advise.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: Change Item price on a COMPLETED Purchase Order

Posted by Vince Clark <vc...@globalera.com>.
You can change the price when you receive. This will affect cost and the vendor invoice that is generated. So no, I do not believe you need an adjustment.

Vince Clark
vclark@globalera.com
(303) 493-6723 office
(303) 523-4843 cell