Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/28 18:29:21 UTC

backporting HBASE-3777 to 0.90

Hi,
Bright Fulton has volunteered to backport HBASE-3777 to 0.90
I endorse his effort.

If you have comment(s), please share.

I will open a new JIRA for this effort if this motion passes.

Thanks

Re: backporting HBASE-3777 to 0.90

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1
I volunteer to test the changes when a patch is ready.

   - Andy

Posted by Shrijeet Paliwal <sh...@rocketfuel.com>.
Ted,

>>Please elaborate more on your cluster setup
We have 10 RS nodes , 1 Master and 1 Zookeeper

>>usage pattern and whether your
Live writes and reads but super heavy on reads. Cache hit is pretty high.

>>Application needed to be twisted after the new build went in.
No we did not change anything in application layer.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Shrijeet:

Posted by Shrijeet Paliwal <sh...@rocketfuel.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Unit test suite passed for patch v4.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Bright wasn't aware of the discussion so far.
Looks like we have two -1's, two +1's and one -0

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.