Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matthew Schumacher <ma...@aptalaska.net> on 2005/05/13 19:20:24 UTC

Any way to make spamassassin not check the relays against the rbls?

I would like for the rbl checking to happen for the connecting host
(just like if it was provisioned in sendmail), but I don't want it to
check each and every relay.

I find frequently that a user behind nat will get the nat address
blacklisted because of zombies behind the same address, but the legit
users relay off of a mail system that is not listed.  Before with the
rbls in sendmail, messages sent from the nat address where blocked, but
clients that used the ISP's mail system came though without getting blocked.

Yes, I know that zombies sometimes relay off the ISP's mail system, but
that would cause it to get blacklisted too.

If anyone has an idea on how to change this I would love to hear it, I
was unable to find anything searching the list or googling.

Thanks,

schu