Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Ehsan Shahrokhi <eh...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/20 09:27:46 UTC

xcat hardware

Hi list,
Does xcat support other x86 hardwares of servers such as ordinary pc's and
servers? or it is just for IBM bladecenter?
Does vcl support other cluster management toolkits such as rocks softwares?
Thanks a lot,
Bests

--
Ehsan Shahrokhi

<-----The millions of Open Minds can't be wrong----->
http://eshahrokhi.tk

Re: VCL use "movie" - was Re: xcat hardware

Posted by Hicham Gibet Tani <hg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Henry for the demonstration, it was very interesting to see the
manifestation of VCL that I personally found very magnificent, especially
that we have been working on it in our university (Abdelmalek Essaadi
University, Morocco) but without any luck to get it to work in a testing
environment and we are always in wait of your help.

Cordially,

Gibet Tani Hicham

Posted by Ehsan Shahrokhi <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: xcat hardware

Posted by Ehsan Shahrokhi <eh...@gmail.com>.
Excuse me Josh,
I mean a video that shows the functionality of VCL.because I just have
non-NCSU account and I cant access to vcl service.
Could you please send me a video of it's functionality? I
Thanks
Bests

Re: xcat hardware

Posted by Ehsan Shahrokhi <eh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Josh,

Re: xcat hardware

Posted by Hicham Gibet Tani <hg...@gmail.com>.

Re: xcat hardware

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Hicham,

xCAT has a very active and friendly support list at

xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net

They can help you with any problems you are having with xCAT much better than
we can.

Josh

On Tuesday December 21, 2010, Hicham Gibet Tani wrote:
> Good evening everybody,
>
> We are installing xCAT in an ordinary PC (x86_64) and we are experiencing
> some problems with the “rpower” command that returned an output saying the
> connection is refused.
>
> We are not experts in xCAT but we are hoping to get you assistance.
>
> Thank you
>

> 2010/12/21 Henry E Schaffer <he...@unity.ncsu.edu>
>
> > Josh Thompson writes:
> > > ... but as far as I know, it can control
> > > bladecenters and anything that can be controlled via IPMI.
> > >
> >   Since Ehsan Shahrokhi asked about

> > and

> >  It's probably worth noting that many (most, all?) ordinary pc's don't
> >
> > support IPMI, and not all servers do - and even boxes which support IPMI
> > may not support it in exactly the way xCAT expects.
> > --
> > --henry schaffer
- --

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu