Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Jumani <Da...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/09/01 05:11:10 UTC

Re: [Discussion] Release Cycle

Hi Gabriel,

  1.  I'm a +1 on having regular releases between LTS ones and the reasoning behind it. While stability is great, it will also be nice to have a "pilot" as you mentioned which the community can test and issues are resolved in the following LTS, rather than waiting for 2 - 3 releases to get something allegedly stable in, which could still have issues reported by users.
  2.  I'm for having 1 Regular release (Mar-Apr) followed by an LTS one (~6 months down the line) each year. Wrt the LTS releases, they should be supported for 1.5 to 2 years (at least 6 months after the following LTS is out). If that might be too much then a single alternating release annually around the same dates
  3.  No strong opinion on this but it does seem like a good idea, but not sure how religiously people will update the new page with every feature they intend to add and follow up on it

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org>.