Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sourav Basu <pi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/03 17:42:44 UTC

Unable to send emails via James Server 2.3.2 (SMTP server) - getting "Unable to relay" error message

Hi,

I've recently installed James Server 2.3.2 on my machine and I've written a
sample program using javamail to send emails using James Server 2.3.2.
However I'm receiving the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" *javax.mail.SendFailedException*: Invalid
Addresses;

nested exception is:

*com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException*: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
for <user>@localhost
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(*SMTPTransport.java:1607*)

I'm able to use the GMAIL SMTP server to send emails using javamail though.
Could you please help me resolve the issue?
Sourav

Re: Unable to send emails via James Server 2.3.2 (SMTP server) - getting "Unable to relay" error message

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sourav,

do you use smtp-auth or just "normal" smtp for sending email ? Could
you show us your smtpserver component config in config.xml ?

Thx.
Norman

Posted by Louis Savor <Lo...@mohawkind.com>.
Please remove me from this mailing list...

             Sourav Basu
             <piku.basu@gmail.
                                       server-user@james.apache.org
             01/03/2010 11:42                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Unable to send emails via James
             Please respond to         Server 2.3.2 (SMTP server) -
               "James Users            getting 	"Unable to relay"
                   List"               error message
             <server-user@jame
               s.apache.org>