Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/02 08:45:43 UTC

Re: Listeners with the Module Controller

Hi
Interesting - since the module controller will be replaced I dont know whats
the 'right' behavior - i can see why the listener might not work .
What happens if the Listener is in the 'module' being included ?

regards
deepak

Posted by black gaff <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Sebb - that makes sense.

Re: Listeners with the Module Controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 December 2010 16:34, black gaff <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Deepak.
>
> I'll file an issue later today.

Sorry for jumping in late.

The ModuleController's job is to run the module that it references,
not act as a container for other content.

JMeter currently allows children to be added to the Module Controller,
even though this will not work, and is not intended to work.

Posted by black gaff <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Deepak.

I'll file an issue later today.  The structure you suggest is a good work

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi
you might raise it as a bug (I think this behavior might be designed). The
alternative is to use (I guess this should work , but i didnt try)
Simple Controller
+ModuleController
+Listener

which gives the same flexibility.