Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Kay Wrobel <ka...@gmx.net> on 2014/04/29 22:28:46 UTC

ActionListener Not Being Called

Hi guys.

Not sure if this is a topic I should post here on in the MyFaces group.
I have a particular problem with my code. I am the developer of the
NetBeans PrimeFaces CRUD Generator, and I'm currently implementing a
feature that I'm testing against various containers and also under CDI
and non-CDI projects. The problem I'm running into with Tomee 1.6.0 Web
Profile is as follows:

I have a PrimeFaces Menu Item that uses an ActionListener in its backing
bean. When I use CDI, the backing bean's action listener method gets
called properly. However, when I don't use CDI, the ActionListener
method never gets called. The code under both circumstances looks
exactly the same. Also, when I create the same exact project targeting
GlassFish 3.1.2.2 (old version that only supports JSF 2.1 and JavaEE 6;
similar to TomEE) the same ActionListener code does get executed properly.

So I wonder if this is a flaw in MyFaces maybe? Does anyone know what
might be causing Apache TomEE not to execute the ActionListener?

Thanks for any help, guys.

Kay

Re: ActionListener Not Being Called

Posted by Kay Wrobel <ka...@gmx.net>.
Found the issue. Had an AbstractController class that didn't implement
Serializable, which threw MyFaces off. Kudos to Thomas Andraschko for
pointing that out to me via PM.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Kay Wrobel <ka...@gmx.net>.