Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anne-Marie Ternes <An...@cie.etat.lu> on 2001/04/09 12:20:15 UTC

Apache 1.3.9. and Tomcat 3.2.1 integration

Hi,

I'm using here Oracle's IAS 8i, which is basically an Apache 1.3.9 web
server. I've been trying desperately to integrate Tomcat into Apache.
Tomcat on itself runs ok, the examples work. But when I try to start
Apache, I always get a message telling me that several "ApJServ"
directives should not be defined several times for the same host. So I
tried to delete these directives from the Tomcat conf files, but to no
avail, as these files are always recreated. He didn't neither accept
that I delete them from jserv.conf.
BTW, the documentation (Tomcat User Guide) is very confusing. I didn't
really understand which one of tomcat.conf and tomcat-apache.conf I had
to include in httpds.conf? Also, does jserv.conf still need to be
included to?

In the end I tried to get them again working separately, which is fine
for Tomcat, but now Apache tells me that I had to mention the
ApJServSecretKey feature. This directive IS in jserv.conf, not
commented, and spelled correctly.

I'd be really glad if someone could help me with this. The aim is to get
Tomcat working with Apache, so that JSP and servlets are passed to
Tomcat and Apache manages static files.

Thank you very much in advance,

Anne-Marie Ternes

--