Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2020/05/01 16:58:55 UTC

Re: DISCUSS: Move hbase-thrift and hbase-rest out of core to hbase-connectors project?

Update.

I seem to be over the bulk of my difficulty getting thrift/rest to behave
in the hadoop3/jdk11 context though there are still some stragglers.
Because of this I am thinking of doing the move after 2.3.x, for 2.4.x,
instead. I'll run the scenario Josh suggests of an hbase-connectors release
first that packages thrift/rest.

At move time, let me mess w/ the suggestions below of shedding dependencies
on the likes of YARN and of updating REST to (shaded?) jersey2, etc.