Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by lmnbeyond <lm...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/18 04:41:21 UTC

Should we add platform info in commit message?

Hi guys,

    Since plugin-related code are all grouped into its own repo, should we add platform info in commit messages? I think it would be more clear when we view the commit history.

e.g.,

[CB-1234][iOS] Fix…
[CB-5678][all] Fix…
[Android]…
[js]…

What do you think, guys?

Best Regards!

Re: Should we add platform info in commit message?

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
seems like a small change which would greatly increase the readability of
plugin history, and enable us to quickly generate platform specific
changelogs.

+1

Posted by Lucas Holmquist <lh...@redhat.com>.
Usually just having the JIRA number works,  but i think for this case having the platform would be nice

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 to CB-1234:[ios] syntax

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.