Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2022/11/07 22:27:24 UTC

Alternative to the attic

Hi!

it appears to me that MADlib may actually be not really
so much ready for the attic, but rather ready to become
a super small but still a viable project.

After talking to the folks who are still active on the project,
it seems that a PMC that consists of at least:
   Orhan Kislal
   Roman Shaposhnik
   Greg Chase
   Ed Espino

could be a viable way forward. We can also sort out the
issues that have plagued releases by volunteering to
review them on time, etc.

If I am missing something (or misreading the situation)
please comment on this thread.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Alternative to the attic

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Roman,

Thank you for your assistance and proposal for a path forward. I volunteer
my services to the Apache MADlib project in what ever capacity that I can
be of assistance. In the past, for Apache MADlib, I have volunteered my
services as a Release Manager and on occasion I have provided release
feedback. I feel I am capable of contributing in a positive fashion going
forward.

Regards,
-=e

Re: Alternative to the attic

Posted by Venkatesh Raghavan <ra...@vmware.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Roman for your help on this one.

I'm a committer and PMC member of Apache HAWQ. https://projects.apache.org/committee.html?hawq. So have worked with another Apache project and understand the responsibilities.

I would like to help out Apache MADlib and volunteer to be part of the PMC. I can help with reviewing commits, test releases, funnel feature requests and aid improving performance w/ databases such as
Postgres & Greenplum.

Regards,

Venky

________________________________
it appears to me that MADlib may actually be not really
so much ready for the attic, but rather ready to become
a super small but still a viable project.

After talking to the folks who are still active on the project,
it seems that a PMC that consists of at least:
   Orhan Kislal
   Roman Shaposhnik
   Greg Chase
   Ed Espino

could be a viable way forward. We can also sort out the
issues that have plagued releases by volunteering to
review them on time, etc.

If I am missing something (or misreading the situation)
please comment on this thread.

Thanks,
Roman.

!! External Email: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.