Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Roving Curmudgeon <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/05 05:17:44 UTC

Re: Foreach

My complaint about Mr. Jonathan Revusky

I am writing this letter to persuade you that the Mr. Jonathan
Revusky-induced era of sham and deceit and pretense will draw to a close
eventually. I will persuade you of this by providing a few examples and
illustrations of the way in which Mr. Revusky seeks to force me to undergo
"treatment" to cure my "problem". Some background is in order: It's easy for
armchair philosophers to theorize about him and about hypothetical solutions
to our Mr. Revusky problem. It's an entirely more difficult matter, however,
when one considers that if he can give us all a succinct and infallible
argument proving that going through the motions of working is the same as
working, I will personally deliver his Nobel Prize for Churlish Rhetoric. In
the meantime, Mr. Revusky is the picture of the insane person on the street,
babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to
his rantings. Mr. Revusky does not merely deprive individuals of the right
to carry out the famous French admonition, écrasez l'infâme!, against his
fibs. He does so consciously, deliberately, willfully, and methodically. Put
simply, his understrappers insist that anyone who resists him deserves to be
crushed. I say to them, "Prove it" -- not that they'll be able to, of
course, but because Mr. Revusky's slurs have kept us separated for too long
from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in
this wonderful adventure we share together -- life! Mr. Revusky has nothing
but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel
obligated to inform you that he is so tied up in his personal dreams that he
is oblivious to what is happening in the world around him. In fact, I have
said that to Mr. Revusky on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it
until he stops trying to cure the evil of discrimination with more
discrimination.

I decidedly don't know what his problem is, but Mr. Revusky maintains that
he is omnipotent. Perhaps it would be best for him to awaken from his
delusional narcoleptic fantasyland and observe that as our society continues
to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for
something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them
the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are
the sorts of people Mr. Revusky preys upon. He spouts the same bile in
everything he writes, making only slight modifications to suit the issue at
hand. The issue he's excited about this week is corporatism, which says to
me that Mr. Revusky's subalterns' thinking is fenced in by many constraints.
Their minds are not free because they dare not be. Mr. Revusky's stooges
believe that the average working-class person can't see through Mr.
Revusky's chicanery. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the
perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to point out
the glaring contradiction between Mr. Revusky's idealized view of feudalism
and reality.

I have just one word for Mr. Revusky: individualistic. I challenge him to
point out any text in this letter that proposes that his notions are not
worth getting outraged about. It isn't there. There's neither a hint nor a
suggestion of such a thing. Although grotesque autocrats are relatively
small in number compared to the general population, they are rapidly
increasing in size and fervor. In closing, we must work together to place a
high value on honor and self-respect. Together, we can make a difference.
Forever and always.

Re: Foreach

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Sunday, May 5, 2002, 5:17:44 AM, Roving Curmudgeon wrote:

> My complaint about Mr. Jonathan Revusky
>
> I am writing this letter to persuade you that the Mr. Jonathan
[snip]

Holy shit! :) This mail was just a joke, wasn't it?