Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sreenivasulu Nallapati <sr...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/08 07:38:54 UTC

Commit-log structure changes - versions

Hello folks,

I am exploring the CDC option to move data from cassandra to Hive on
periodic basis.
While exploring this option, I overheard saying that the internal
commit-log structure will change form version to version. Is this correct?

As per this link
<http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/architecture/storage_engine.html#sstable-versions>,
sstables have changed in multiple times in multiple versions.
I want to understand about the commit-log internal structure as well. Is
there any change in the commit-log file structure in different cassandra
versions? If so, can someone please redirect me to the docs/change log?

Please help me to understand more on this. Thanks in advance

Thanks
Sreeni