Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Robert Upshall <ru...@psasoft.com> on 2004/07/23 23:17:40 UTC

log4j.properties on iSeries/AS400

I cannot get the log4j to find the properties file.  I have put in the
classpath and also set the log4j.configuration property and still
nothing.

Here is the command line:

 > java -Dlog4j.debug=true
-Dlog4j.configuration=/home/ru/log4j.properties MyClass

Here is the output:

log4j: Trying to find [/home/ru/log4j.properties] using context
classloader s
   un.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@f719bd00.
   log4j: Trying to find [/home/ru/log4j.properties] using
sun.misc.Launcher$App
   ClassLoader@f719bd00 class loader.
   log4j: Trying to find [/home/ru/log4j.properties] using
ClassLoader.getSystem
   Resource().
   log4j: Could not find resource: [/home/ru/log4j.properties].
(com.psasoft.sprint.Switch)
   .
   log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system
properly.

Can somebody please help, I need to get this code ported.

Robert