Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/30 19:53:52 UTC

Question on bigtop-deploy/vm/boxgrinder

I notice that bigtop-deploy/vm/boxgrinder has two files:

bigtop_hadoop.appl
bigtop-init-hdfs

Why is it that the boxgrinder vm only starts up hdfs, why not all the mr2
services?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Question on bigtop-deploy/vm/boxgrinder

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
The script is sitting in the git so the it can be picked up and imported into
the VM during the creation of the appliance (e.g. VM). Look into the appl file
- it would help you to better understand the concept.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 04:17PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> hmmm .. so maybe im missing something.  could you tell me what is the
> purpose of the boxgrinder stuff ?what do you mean by "the first run"?
> sorry if the questions are a little primitive but i think im not clear on
> what the hdfs dependency is.

By 'first run' I refer to the first execution of a VM generated from
bigtop_hadoop.appl description.

HDFS system needs to have certain structure in place so the service on top of
it - e.g. YARN (which you incorrectly refer to as mr2) - can be executed
successfully.

Does it make the picture clearer?
  Cos

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.