Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Li QuanLong <qu...@mail.ustc.edu.cn> on 2010/03/14 07:34:02 UTC

[general]Question about tuning garbage collector

I'm intertested in tuning garbage collector.
Is there some instructions about how to tune garbage collector to gain maximum througput?
and some manual about the source code of Space Tuner in Harmony garbage collector?

2010-03-14

Li QuanLong

Re: [general]Question about tuning garbage collector

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.
QuanLong, thanks for your interests.

Currently there is no guide of GC tuning. Since the achievable GC
throughput is highly dependent on the application behavior, the way I
would suggest is to run the application with GC verbose information,
then you can determine which algorithm is best suitable for the
application.

Attached is a doc on the automatic space tuning in GCv5.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli