Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Daniel Brienza <da...@protonmail.com> on 2019/01/25 11:37:47 UTC

Unable to query list of objects from LDAP directory.

I'm trying to configure a container with LDAP authentication from my active directory domain but I'm receiving the error message below on web interface after login:
Unable to query list of objects from LDAP directory.

I don't see any error message on logs, it shows as it successfully authenticated:
1:13:28.610 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "my.user" successfully authenticated from 10.0.0.0.

Container configuration:

docker run --name my-guacamole --link my-guacd:guacd \
    --link my-guaca-postgres:postgres \
    -e POSTGRES_DATABASE=guacamole_db \
    -e POSTGRES_USER=guacamole_user \
    -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=password \
    -e LDAP_HOSTNAME=mydomain.aaa.com \
    -e LDAP_PORT=389 \
    -e LDAP_USER_BASE_DN=OU=BU,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=aaa,DC=com \
-e LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_DN=CN=BindUsers,OU=Infra,OU=IT,OU=Users,OU=BU,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=aaa,DC=com \
    -e LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_PASSWORD=password \
    -e LDAP_USERNAME_ATTRIBUTE=sAMAccountName \
    -d -p 8080:8080 guacamole/guacamole

Re: AW: Unable to query list of objects from LDAP directory.

Posted by Daniel Brienza <da...@protonmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Thank you but I receive the same error using a domain controller FQDN (dcserver.mydomain.aaa.com).

RE: Unable to query list of objects from LDAP directory.

Posted by Brian Haskell <bt...@ams.org>.
I'm having this same issue with 1.0.0 on a full install (no docker)
I have an older 0.9.12 install running LDAP just fine using the following settings

 ldap-hostname: adserver.aaa.org
ldap-port: 3268
ldap-encryption-method: none
ldap-search-bind-dn: binduser
ldap-search-bind-password: ********
ldap-user-base-dn: DC=aaa,DC=org
ldap-username-attribute: sAMAccountName

Same 'Unable to query list of objects from LDAP directory' in red at the top of the screen yet the catalina.out reads:

09:46:26.618 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] INFO  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "aaaaa" successfully authenticated from 10.xx.xx.xx.

I'm trying to stand up this instance clean (will import the database from our production guac server later) and am stuck here.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4B494.B72A9E10]

Posted by Brian Haskell <bt...@ams.org>.
I was just able to get it to work by adding the following lines to my guacamole.properties

ldap-user-search-filter:(objectClass=user)(!(objectCategory=computer))
ldap-max-search-results:4000

[cid:image001.jpg@01D4B49C.2A74C2E0]

Posted by Christian Kraus <ch...@ckc-it.at>.
Hi

I think this setting is wrong :-e LDAP_HOSTNAME=mydomain.aaa.com \

it should be -e LDAP_HOSTNAME=dcserver.mydomain.aaa.com \

rg

Christian

Christian Kraus
Inhaber
CKC IT Consulting & Solutions e.U.
Kirschenallee 22
2120 OBERSDORF
Österreich
Telefon: +43 (0) 680 2062952
Fax:        +43 820 220262992
E-mail: christian.kraus@ckc-it.at

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:29 AM Daniel Brienza <
daniel.brienza@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I think it's related to a large LDAP query, after changing the
> LDAP_USER_BASE_DN to an OU with less users the authentication works.

There are two or three JIRA issues in the works which might help this
situation out with larger directory trees:

Hopefully we'll have this resolved, soon.
-Nick

Re: Unable to query list of objects from LDAP directory.

Posted by Daniel Brienza <da...@protonmail.com>.

Posted by JoelB <na...@joelbest.ca>.