Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Michael Myers <my...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/06 07:59:29 UTC

Fwd: Downloading OpenOffice

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Myers <my...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 09:58
Subject: Downloading OpenOffice
To: <de...@openoffice.apache.org>

Good morning.
I want to download Openoffice onto my new HP laptop, but when I go to the
official Apache site I only have the option of selecting 32bit operating
system. My PC is 64bit. Does this create a problem or should I just select
32bit? (64bit seems only applicable to Linux)
Thanks,  Mike Myers

Re: Fwd: Downloading OpenOffice

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
32 bit applications will run on 64 bit systems. To date, there is only a
32 bit version of AOO available for Windows so choose that option. Note
that if you use parts of AOO that need Java you will need to download
and install a 32 bit version of Java. For more information see
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69896

I've sent a copy of this message to you as a courtesy as you are not
subscribed to the users mailing list and thus may not see replies to
your message. Please do not respond to me directly - use the mailing list.