Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by indrek siitan <tf...@mysql.com> on 2000/06/26 20:11:48 UTC

apache & .htaccess

Hi,

I know it's not a direct mod_perl question, but ..

is that normal behaviour, that if I have a <VirtualHost> defined
with DocumentRoot set to for example /www/hosts/www.foo.com, then
/www/hosts/.htaccess (what is above the DocumentRoot) will affect
the VirtualHost configuration?

Rgds,
  Tfr

 --==< tfr@mysql.com >==< MySQL development team >==< Thibodaux, LA / USA >==--

Re: apache & .htaccess

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

is> is that normal behaviour, that if I have a <VirtualHost> defined
is> with DocumentRoot set to for example /www/hosts/www.foo.com, then
is> /www/hosts/.htaccess (what is above the DocumentRoot) will affect
is> the VirtualHost configuration?

yes it is normal.  the .htaccess files are searched in the disk paths,
not URL paths.  If you don't want that to search, then set options
override to off for "/" and then enable it for your virtual
directories.  This is an optimization you *really* want to do  to
avoid scanning your entire directory tree for every request looking
for these files.