Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2003/04/18 00:09:23 UTC

A diff, now for Apache's BSF ...

Hi there,

in the last months I reported two errors (one not finding methods having
a Character/char in their signature, the other about a wrong illegal
access exception) with IBM's BSF and supplied a diff for that version.
Now, that the "BSF4Rexx" project is about to be finalized, I have been
able to start to work with the Apache version and applied the necessary
changes to my copy of org.apache.bsf.utilities.EngineUtils. The diff
(-wdu) is enclosed.

---

Ad needed changes in licenses and about supplying the code and samples:

- is it possible to have two licenses in the same file, one being
Apache's and one the LGPL (I would like to keep one version of the
.cc-file for the JNI part; at the moment it is under LGPL)

- the Java sources for Apache will carry the Apache license only (as
there is a distinct set for 2.2 and one for 2.3)

- the samples showing Rexx and Object Rexx scripts: could they carray
two licenses at the same time as well?

- how am I supposed to submit my work to this project, such that the
Rexx-support will eventually be distributed with BSF 2.3.x and up?

Regards,

---rony

P.S.: The JNI-bridge will be available for Linux, eComStation (a.k.a.
OS/2) and Windows, pre-compiled for IBM's Object Rexx and the free and
open source Regina suite of Rexx interpreters. In addition the Object
Rexx support will include an Object Rexx wrapper class making all of
Java look as if it was a huge Object Rexx class library, such that
instantiation and interaction (message sending) occurs with the Object
Rexx semantics. More on Rexx and Object Rexx via the link page of the
Rexx language association at <http://www.RexxLA.org>.

P.P.S.: There will be a presentation given on "BSF4Rexx" at this year's
International Rexx symposium. Another presentation will show off how to
use BSF for creating operating system and WWW browser independent
DOM/DHTML applications.