Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/05/21 23:51:49 UTC

publishing core, mapred, hdfs artifacts in Apache nexus (maven repo)

Folks,

When Hadoop Core splits into Core, Mapred, and HDFS next week, we'll
need a place for these projects to publish their jar artifacts (via
Ivy) so dependent projects can download them (again via Ivy).  Clearly
Mapred and Hdfs will depend on Core. Pig and others will depend on
Mapred, etc.

Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to
the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a
dev list thread that approves this publishing.

Your thoughts (and +1 votes) are appreciated.

Thanks,
Nige

Re: publishing core, mapred, hdfs artifacts in Apache nexus (maven repo)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Re: publishing core, mapred, hdfs artifacts in Apache nexus (maven repo)

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze" <s2...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Nicholas Sze

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
http://www.deepdyve.com
858-414-0013 (m)
408-773-0220 (fax)

Re: publishing core, mapred, hdfs artifacts in Apache nexus (maven repo)

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Jakob Homan <jh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
sounds good. +1.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
 I assume the POMs will have the right set of dependencies in it.

If interested, I've done this work already, I have the POMs for 0.18.*,
0.19.* and 0.20.* for core and streaming with all proper dependencies.

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
+1