Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Julio D'Angelo <jc...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/12 16:29:46 UTC

Crypto mailets on James Snapshot 3

Hi,
Is crypto mailet's source code included on
 "james-server-with-phoenix-3.0-SNAPSHOT-src", I wan't to test an extension
of SMIMESign but I don't cant find the crypto code to generate james distro.

Thanks in advance,

Julio

Re: Crypto mailets on James Snapshot 3

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Julio D'Angelo <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer, I managed to build a release of crypto mailets to
>> run with james 3.0 using jdk 1.5 (to enable pkcs11 support), now i'm having
>> this error:
>> java.io.IOException: parseAlgParameters failed: PBE AlgorithmParameters not
>> available
>> at
>> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.parseAlgParameters(PKCS12KeyStore.java:525)
>> at
>> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(PKCS12KeyStore.java:1265)
>> at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)
>> at
>> org.apache.james.mailet.crypto.SMIMEKeyHolder.<init>(SMIMEKeyHolder.java:131)
>>
>> I think this is related to bouncycastle jce provider 1.5.
>
> the stack trace contains "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl"
>
>> Is crypto mailets code compatible with java 1.5 and BC 1.5 provider ?
>
> i haven't run this combination i'm not sure. i suspect that you may
> need to compile against BC 1.5 (and then maybe some fiddling is
> sometimes required) but i'd need some time to check everything so
> maybe you'll get there before me. if so, the i'd be great if you could
> contribute a patch back.

Maybe the appropriate bcprov from the bouncycastle website have to be
installed in james/lib AND/OR in the jre/lib/ext folder ? I don't
remember anymore but I think I'm using that mailets (well, not the same
mailets, but similar stuff) under java5 (and java6 too) and they works.

Stefano

Re: Crypto mailets on James Snapshot 3

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Julio D'Angelo <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, I managed to build a release of crypto mailets to
> run with james 3.0 using jdk 1.5 (to enable pkcs11 support), now i'm having
> this error:
> java.io.IOException: parseAlgParameters failed: PBE AlgorithmParameters not
> available
> at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.parseAlgParameters(PKCS12KeyStore.java:525)
> at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(PKCS12KeyStore.java:1265)
> at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)
> at
> org.apache.james.mailet.crypto.SMIMEKeyHolder.<init>(SMIMEKeyHolder.java:131)
>
> I think this is related to bouncycastle jce provider 1.5.

the stack trace contains "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl"

> Is crypto mailets code compatible with java 1.5 and BC 1.5 provider ?

i haven't run this combination i'm not sure. i suspect that you may
need to compile against BC 1.5 (and then maybe some fiddling is
sometimes required) but i'd need some time to check everything so
maybe you'll get there before me. if so, the i'd be great if you could
contribute a patch back.

- robert

Re: Crypto mailets on James Snapshot 3

Posted by Julio D'Angelo <jc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer, I managed to build a release of crypto mailets to
run with james 3.0 using jdk 1.5 (to enable pkcs11 support), now i'm having
this error:
java.io.IOException: parseAlgParameters failed: PBE AlgorithmParameters not
available
at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.parseAlgParameters(PKCS12KeyStore.java:525)
at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.PKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(PKCS12KeyStore.java:1265)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1150)
at
org.apache.james.mailet.crypto.SMIMEKeyHolder.<init>(SMIMEKeyHolder.java:131)

I think this is related to bouncycastle jce provider 1.5. Is crypto mailets
code compatible with java 1.5 and BC 1.5 provider ?

Thanks in advance

Julio

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.