Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Michael J. Giarlo" <le...@u.washington.edu> on 2006/06/02 01:04:52 UTC

SolPHP

Hey folks,

I noticed a stub on the wiki about two PHP classes for solr.  I've tried
to track down the classes but have been unsuccessful so far.  Does
anyone know where, or if, these classes are available?

Thanks!

-Mike

Re: SolPHP

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jun 2, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Michael J. Giarlo wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> Thats pretty good considering we've only been in the incubator a few
>> months, and we've only been "advertizing" in the Lucene mailing list!
>
> I bet the NINES project and Bess Sadler's blog post about it
> increased your visibility in the library world tenfold.
>
> That's how I heard about it, at least.  I'm looking for ways to
> replace our current library website (and EAD) search, preferably
> something Lucene-based.  Currently looking at nutch and solr, and
> trying to figure out which is more relevant to what we're doing.

Ah cool!   The blog post is here <http://www.ibiblio.org/bess/?p=21>
- I did a demo of our (currently not in production) Solr-based
faceted browser to the UVa library folks last week and they were very
impressed.  I'm working (as a one-man development "team") as fast as
I can to get this thing up in the next couple of weeks as the
del.icio.us(err, simpy!)+flickr+google of 19th century literature,
and hopefully beyond.  I'll definitely be announcing it to the list
when it's available for general consumption.

Oddly enough I work _in_ (but not _for_) a library that is a noted
leader in the digital library space, but most systems are using xpat
or other archaic search solutions or view search as a pluggable
service rather than an integral aspect.  It's pretty sad how
inaccessible the wonderfully rich world of library archives currently
are.

	Erik

Re: SolPHP

Posted by "Michael J. Giarlo" <le...@u.washington.edu>.

Re: SolPHP

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On 6/2/06, Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Michael J. Giarlo wrote:
> > Will you post an announcement to the list or should we ping the
> > wiki every so often?
>
> wiki changes get e-mailed to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org - simply
> subscribe (solr-commits-subscribe@lucene.apache.org) and you'll see
> changes as they happen.

All CVS commits go to solr-commits too.
Subscribers to solr-dev that want to get more involved in development
should probably subscribe to the commits list too.

Current subscriber counts:
solr-user: 94
solr-dev: 45
solr-commits: 17

Thats pretty good considering we've only been in the incubator a few
months, and we've only been "advertizing" in the Lucene mailing list!

-Yonik

Re: SolPHP

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Re: SolPHP

Posted by "Michael J. Giarlo" <le...@u.washington.edu>.
Looking forward to those, Brian.  Thanks!

Re: SolPHP

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
Ok..
I'll see what I can come up with.