Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Mohammed Zeeshan <re...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/05 05:18:08 UTC

Apache drill JDBC storage plugin for salesforce

Hi Team,

I've a query for creating a storage plugin to salesforce with JDBC

Installed necessary jdbc driver and tried with below configuration:
{
  "type": "jdbc",
  "driver": "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver",
  "url": "jdbc:oracle:thin:@login.salesforce.com",
  "username": "XXXMyUserXXX",
  "password": "XXXMyPasswordXXX",
  "enabled": true
}

But eventually ending up in an error, i have followed documentation but
unfortunately no luck

* Please retry: error (unable to create/ update storage) *

Could you please help to join the missing piece.

Best Wishes,
Mohammed Zeeshan

Re: Apache drill JDBC storage plugin for salesforce

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Mohammed,

Welcome to the Drill mailing list. We'll try to help solve your issue.

From the text of the message, sounds like you are getting the error when you try to create the storage plugin config in the Web console. Correct? Checking the code, it appears you need one more entry in your config:

"caseInsensitiveTableNames": false

(Looks like Salesforce uses Oracle which has case-insensitive table names.)

By the way, I just changed the code so that this problem won't trip up future users.

Thanks,
- Paul