Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by jamal sasha <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/27 21:03:17 UTC

setting hadoop for pseudo distributed mode.

Hi,
  So I am still in process of learning hadoop.
I tried to run wordcount.java (by writing my own mapper reducer.. creating
jar and then running it in a pseudo distributed mode).

At that time I got an error, something like
 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:mhduser
cause:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InvalidInputException: Input path does not
exist: hdfs://localhost:54310/user/hduser/wiki
So I googled around.. and found that I should put the following two lines
on my driver code:

    conf.addResource(new Path("/usr/local/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml"));
    conf.addResource(new Path("/usr/local/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml file"));

(path of where my core-site and hdfs-site are) and after that it ran just
fine.

Q1) How did putting those two lines solved the issue??
Q2)
  I am now using third party libraries which are taking input from hdfs and
writing output to hdfs...
But in an intermediatory step, it creates a raw output.. I am again getting
the error:
 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:mhduser
cause:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InvalidInputException: Input path does not
exist: hdfs://localhost:54310/user/hduser/wiki-inter-output
How do I resolve this?

Any suggestions.
THanks
Jamal.

Re: setting hadoop for pseudo distributed mode.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
what are those libraries and how are they reading data from HDFS? you were
trying with MR jobs if i'm not wrong? in order to perform read/write on
HDFS we need HDFS API with a Configuration object. how are you doing it
here?

Best Regards,
Tariq
+91-9741563634