Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Lea Anne Dobbins <la...@raytheon.com> on 2005/02/11 23:23:39 UTC

Undesirable Namespace Prefixes

OK, I've got a good one here ...

I have 3 schemas that all define types in the same namespace, but define
it as the default namespace with no prefix.  All three schemas start with
this schema definition:

<xsd:schema targetNamespace="parser.xml.server.mm.stss.rsc.com"
elementFormDefault="qualified"
xmlns="parser.xml.server.mm.stss.rsc.com">

I created my XMLBeans classes using 1.0.3.  I then wrote some code to
generate 2 of the documents from 2 of the schemas.  They use an
instantiation of the third as input.  The input document was being
generated the "old fashioned" way, with a DOM parser.

I then decided to re-write the generation of the input document using
XMLBeans, since I had all the classes already generated.  However, I'm
getting an arbitrary namespace prefix on all my tags!

I'm using the same method to generate all 3 documents - just
xmlDoc.toString();  Why would two of the documents come out with a default
namespace declaration, and the third with an arbitrary prefix?  This has
me baffled ...

Here's what XMLBeans generates for the documents that are OK:

<TaskCompletionStatus xmlns="parser.xml.server.mm.stss.rsc.com">
.
.
.
</TaskCompletionStatus>

Here's what I'm getting for my "input" document:

<par:MissionSchedule xmlns:par="parser.xml.server.mm.stss.rsc.com">
.
.
.
</par:MissionSchedule>

I want them both to have the same default namespace declaration!

I tried doing the setUseDefaultNamespace() and the
setSaveAggresiveNamespaces(), and I tried mapping the
"parser.xml.server.mm.stss.rsc.com" to "" as well, using a hashmap and the
setSaveSuggestedPrefixes(names) option.  I used the xmlText(opts) to
create the string.

It gets even more interesting ... I read in the document with all the
"par:" prefixes, and generated documents without...

Does anybody have any ideas?  This output document cannot have any
prefixes on it - my customer isn't using xmlbeans.  I'm about to switch
back to the "old fashioned" method if I can't get it to work.
Lea Anne Dobbins

ladobbins@raytheon.com
720-858-5409