Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Yoav Atzmony <yo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/11 21:31:57 UTC

Could not find schema information for the element 'log4net'

Hi,

I am getting the following error upon compile of .Net 2 , Web App in C#:
Could not find schema information for the element 'log4net'

Every element in the <log4net> web.config file is also returning the same
above message. I am using log4net 1.2.10 (using the release dll from the 2.0
folder, but this was also happening with an older DLL which a colleague had
given to me as well)

I believe there is something wrong in my web.config and that this is a
trivial mistake on my part.  I just can't seem to figure it out.

I have created an ASP.Net 2003 project with Log4net already (fine).

My global.asax has the following line:
  void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
              log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator.Configure();
    }

Web config is provided below.  Any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance.

--------Start Web.config----------------
  <configSections>
    <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler, log4net" />
  </configSections>

  <log4net>
    <appender name="RollingLogFileAppender"
type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender,log4net">
      <param name="File"
value="C:\\Projects\\log4netexample\\LogFiles\\Log.txt"/>
      <param name="AppendToFile" value="true"/>

      <param name="MaxSizeRollBackups" value="10"/>
      <param name="MaximumFileSize" value="5MB"/>
      <param name="RollingStyle" value="Size"/>
      <param name="StaticLogFileName" value="true"/>
      <param name="Threshold" value="INFO" />

      <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout,log4net">
        <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t] %-5p %c [%x] -
%m%n"/>
      </layout>
    </appender>

    <root>
      <level value="ALL" />
      <appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />
    </root>
  </log4net>

	<appSettings>
               </appSettings>
	<connectionStrings/>

  <system.web>
		<compilation debug="true"/>
		<authentication mode="Forms">
		</authentication>
	</system.web>
</configuration>

Share your opinion and enter to win! Please complete this survey to enter
into a draw for a grand prize of $500 or one of twenty $50 cash prizes.
http://www.youthographyinsiders.com/R.aspx?a=116