Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bala <vb...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/11/27 05:09:50 UTC

Camel for Rest Service

Hi,

I am new to Apache camel and trying to Configure camel for invoking a rest
webservice and getting a response in JSON and type cast it. I tried the
following but, am not able to get the response anywhere.

Had the configuration file "camel-context.xml" as

<cxf:rsClient id="signOnRsClient"
address="http://158.151.224.44:8080/organizations?match&amp;CountryISOAlpha2Code=GB&amp;CustomerReferenceText=REFTEXT&amp;DUNSNumber=210021531"
/>
		<route streamCache="true">
	      	<from uri="direct:cafe" />
      		<log message="****************Sign ON Request Fired************" />
      		<bean ref="signOnRequestHandler" />
	       	<to uri="cxfrs://bean://signOnRsClient"/>
		<bean ref="signOnResponseHandler" />

In signOnRequestHandler, I had the following lines for appending the request
parameters

		@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
		Message inputMessage = exchange.getIn();
		inputMessage.setHeader("x-dnb-user", "uatuser1");
		inputMessage.setHeader("x-dnb-pwd", "password-1");
        }

I had main java file , where am trying to invoke the from:uri for initiating
the rest action as below

        AbstractApplicationContext applicationContext;
        ProducerTemplate template;
        applicationContext = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("camelcontext.xml");
        CamelContext camelContext =
applicationContext.getBean("camelContext", CamelContext.class);
        template = camelContext.createProducerTemplate();
        template.sendBody("direct:cafe", ExchangePattern.InOut);
   }

In the response, am not able to figure out on how to process it. The
response handler is as below

		System.out.println("--->" + exchange.getOut().getHeaders().toString());
		System.out.println("--->"  + exchange.getOut());

I might have done something wrong in the above things, which am unaware.
Please guide me on how to resolve this.

Thanks, Bala

Re: Camel for Rest Service

Posted by lleclerc <ll...@aim-rg.com>.
Not sure, but I think you should try something like this :

(InputStream) is = exchange.getIn().getBody();

Read the byte array into a string and then convert jsonstring to your
object.

Re: Camel for Rest Service

Posted by Bala <vb...@yahoo.co.in>.
I am getting the InOut in the response. If you look at my example closely, I am sending InOut using the below line

template.sendBody("direct:cafe", ExchangePattern.InOut);

And, this is wat am getting in the response and not the actual JSON Object. My Response handler code is as below.

System.out.println("--->" + exchange.getIn().getHeaders().toString());
System.out.println("--->"  + exchange.getIn().getBody());
Thanks

________________________________
Posted by Bala <vb...@yahoo.co.in>.
Sorry,  I Can't understand your reply. Can you please be more specific.

If you look at what am trying, I try to use the Configuration file for
invoking a uri and from the configuration file, am trying to call a rest
service, from which am getting the response in JSON which am trying to read.
Please help.

Thanks, Bala

Re: Camel for Rest Service

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel for Rest Service

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel for Rest Service

Posted by Bala <vb...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Willem

> [...]

> the rest action as below

> AbstractApplicationContext applicationContext;
> ProducerTemplate template;
> applicationContext = new
> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("camelcontext.xml");
> CamelContext camelContext =
> applicationContext.getBean("camelContext", CamelContext.class);
> template = camelContext.createProducerTemplate();
> template.sendBody("direct:cafe", ExchangePattern.InOut);
> }
>
> In the response, am not able to figure out on how to process it. The
> response handler is as below

> public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception {
> System.out.println("--->" + exchange.getOut().getHeaders().toString());
> System.out.println("--->" + exchange.getOut());
>
> I might have done something wrong in the above things, which am unaware.

NAML

Re: Camel for Rest Service

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.