Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/01 02:29:00 UTC

Re: QueryParser package on NuGet

Sorry for the confusion -- the nuget pack doesn't automatically pick up any
project, we need to add it to a list in the nightly project. Anyhow,
projects have been added and the nightly is running now. We should see the
packages out there in the next few hours barring another build timeout or
me fat fingering things.

While I was at it I added Memory, Analysis.Stempel and Suggest both as
dedicated projects with their own builds but also to the nuget package
generation.

I looked at the other projects in the .sln as well. Misc just didn't seem
to have anything one would want as an independent package, grouping seemed
more ready but it doesn't have a test project. I can add them -- or any
others -- when ready, just ping me.

Posted by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com>.
Slight update -- the deploy failed due to a timeout. A fairly impressive
six hour timeout. The problem seems to start around
https://teamcity.jetbrains.com/viewLog.html?buildId=917036&buildTypeId=LuceneNet_LuceneNetNightly&tab=buildLog#_focus=36930&state=36930,
if anyone can have a looksee and see if anything jumps out at them that
would be awesome.

I'm going to kick it off again in the meantime as it has succeeded a few
times in the past.

Posted by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Alexander,

Not sure that is a wise idea, since that is exactly how it was done in Lucene 4.8.0:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/releases/lucene-solr/4.8.0/lucene/suggest/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/suggest/analyzing/AnalyzingInfixSuggester.java#L533-538

However, the master branch (Lucene version 6.2.1) seems to have updated it to your liking:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/lucene/suggest/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/suggest/analyzing/AnalyzingInfixSuggester.java#L674-678

@Itamar, what are your thoughts on this? There is a Highlighter package that has not been ported yet, but I am not sure it is in any way relevant to this.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

Posted by "Roethinger, Alexander" <ar...@affili.net>.
Hi Shad,

yes, that's probably the best way to go, also considering that code-compatibility for a port is essential, which I totally understand (even if it means porting potential downsides).

I built a derived class with the overridden method which works just fine.
(But still wouldn't mind seeing the fix in the original code if it's justifiable...).

Many thanks for your support!

Regards
Alexander

BTW - I noticed the method is protected virtual. Perhaps there is a way to override it and change the behavior?

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)

                {
                    object highlightKey = Highlight(text, matchedTokens, prefixToken);
                    result = new LookupResult(highlightKey.ToString(), highlightKey, score, payload, contexts);
                }
                else
                {
                    result = new LookupResult(text, score, payload, contexts);
                }

This behavior is disadvantageous when using the results in JQUERY autocomplete because the actual value that should be returned from autocomplete should be without highlighting (aka the markup-tag for highlighting). autocomplete supports separate Label and Value fields to accommodate for this.

My suggestion would be to set the Key value to the non-highlighted text as follows:

object highlightKey = Highlight(text, matchedTokens, prefixToken); result = new LookupResult(text, highlightKey, score, payload, contexts);

What do you think?

Kind regards
Alexander

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Alexander,

Posted by "Roethinger, Alexander" <ar...@affili.net>.
Hi Wyatt,

thanks for providing the Lucene.Net.Misc package on MyGet.
Just to let you know it works fine.

Regards
Alexander

Posted by Wyatt Barnett <wy...@gmail.com>.