Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2005/07/22 16:25:15 UTC

Re: svn commit: r219988 - in /struts/core/trunk/doc: faqs/index.xml userGuide/index.xml userGuide/preface.xml

At 6:48 AM -0700 7/22/05, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>From: "Martin Cooper" <ma...@apache.org>
>
>>  Actually, not only is support for Servlets 2.2 no longer guaranteed, it's
>>  already gone. ;-) The exception handling in the tag libraries has been
>>  enhanced to take advantage of the root cause added in JSP 1.2, and JSP 1.2
>>  goes hand in hand with Servlets 2.3.
>
>Thanks.  I changed the wiki page and will fix preface.xml next time I'm in
>there.
>
>I vaguely remember the discussion about going to Servlet 2.3 but was unable
>to find it in the archives.  Does anyone remember when that happened, or can
>you find a link?

Ted started a thread on the subject last September:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.devel/21317

The discussion in that thread showed no objections.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com