Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Doody, John" <jo...@attws.com> on 2000/10/16 23:06:55 UTC

Returning user friendly message for Cocoon exceptions

I'm getting the following processor exception:

org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
stylesheet to document: error reading /<stylesheet>.xsl ...etc.

I know the stylesheet is missing, thus the error.  However, I would like a
way to return a more user friendly message for any Cocoon exception that may
be thrown.  Does Cocoon have some facility for this functionality?  I won't
be able to control when our presentation designers or SAs manipulate files.

Thanks in advance.

John S. Doody
AT&T Wireless Services, Inc.
john.doody@attws.com

Re: Returning user friendly message for Cocoon exceptions

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Doody, John wrote:

> I'm getting the following processor exception:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
> stylesheet to document: error reading /<stylesheet>.xsl ...etc.
>
> I know the stylesheet is missing, thus the error.  However, I would like a
> way to return a more user friendly message for any Cocoon exception that may
> be thrown.  Does Cocoon have some facility for this functionality?  I won't
> be able to control when our presentation designers or SAs manipulate files.

sure. turn off the handle errors internally directive in cocoon.properties
and do something fun with the internal server error using apache's
ErrorDocument directives.

- donald