Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/22 21:25:12 UTC

[Discussion] Kanban board for quick start issues to join the community

Hi,

I was looking into our community page to find new open issues that I can
contribute to and the easy and moderate tickets, tickets for beginners and
SQL tasks help me to find open issues to contribute.

I am also thinking if we should use a project Kanban board in jira and move
these issues in the ToDo column so that it is easy to find and contribute
to these open issues.

I have seen few Apache Project like Beam, Flink already uses Kanban board

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?projectKey=BEAM&rapidView=325

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=356&projectKey=FLINK

Please review and let me know your thoughts.

Regards
Saikat

Re: [Discussion] Kanban board for quick start issues to join the community

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan, Pavel

Thank you for updating the wiki page.

Yes, label do help to find newbie issues.

My thoughts related to the Board is to provide a different perspective to
find and filter issues. The Kanban board or the Backlog board help in
finding issues at Epic  / Version level. I observed that there is a new
board being created for Ignite project with few issues in 2.11 version.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=443&projectKey=IGNITE&view=planning.nodetail&versions=visible&epics=visible&issueLimit=100

I also observed a new Kanban board being created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=443&projectKey=IGNITE

I think Kanban board can be very helpful for Release Manager to look into
current activity for a Version release and plan the release accordingly.

Also in Kanban board you can drag and drop issues from ToDo column to In
Progress and finally to Done column.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: [Discussion] Kanban board for quick start issues to join the community

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.