Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ke...@kgalligan.com> on 2005/12/07 17:45:24 UTC

eclipse plugin and xml validation

I've been using maven with the eclipse plugin for a little while now.
It was working great for me.  This was version 2.0-beta-2.  Then I had
some trouble with duplicate project/dependency references in my
.classpath file, so I got the source and built it in the hopes that that
issue had been taken care of.  That issue still persisted, but I had a
new problem.  Eclipse just seems to get stuck doing endless validation
or whatever.  I looked at the project file, and a few other build
commands and natures were added.  Now, it probably doesn't help that I'm
running  WTP 1.0M9.  The issue is probably somewhere in there.  However,
I'd really like to just have the java builder and natures added, and
have an easy option to avoid the rest.  Any thoughts?  If I've got
something set up horribly wrong with eclipse, also please let me know
that (M2_REPO is set up without issue).

Currently, I'm running the full form plugin call to avoid issues...

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:2.0-beta-2:eclipse

Now, I'll still have the other issue with duplicate entries in the
.classpath file.  I can't figure out what strange setting I have in my
pom to force that to happen.   However, I have no build trouble, so I
was thinking the eclipse plugin should be able to avoid it.  I don't
have the modified source in front of me, but basically all I did was add
a Set object which I checked paths against to see if they were already
added to the file.  Looking at unmodified source, I think my changes
were to the 'addDependency' method in 'EclipseClasspathWriter'.  The
issue was if the same artifact came into that method, it would just
blindly write it out, and eclipse can deal with duplicates.  Because
there's a lot of transitive dependency stuff going on these days, I
think its very possible that some others ran into the same issue.

Anyway, thanks in advance,
-Kevin