Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/05/25 18:11:55 UTC

org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Hi,

I noticed in the latest JSF 2.3 code base we still have the
org.apache.myfaces.shade packages that were added here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4005

Do we plan to remove this and update the commons-codec dependency in jsf
2.3? I looked quick to see if there was a JIRA for this but I didn't see it
so wanted to check in
and see if I should open one or if it was being addressed someplace else.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
> +1 for updating the commons-codec dependency and removing the shade package
> for JSF 2.3.

I agree, I've done the change in 2.3.x branch.

Regards
Dennis

Re: org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Posted by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 for updating the commons-codec dependency and removing the shade package
for JSF 2.3.

Regards,

Paul Nicolucci

From:	Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>
To:	MyFaces Development <de...@myfaces.apache.org>
Date:	05/25/2017 11:29 PM
Subject:	Re: org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Hi

The code in core/branches/2.3.x is a working prototype of JSF 2.3 spec. It
is ready for a beta release, after a release of MyFaces Test.

We haven't discussed anything about add commons-codec dependency and remove
shade package. But this is a good moment to say something about it.

MYFACES-4005 was something done on the way to fix an issue, but in my
opinion update commons-codec and remove shade package has sense, at least
for 2.3.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.