Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by AndrewG <an...@cognisolve.com> on 2013/07/10 22:34:14 UTC

Deployment issue "beans actually in the jar (0)"

Hi,

I am trying to deploy my app to an instance of Tomee that I have running on
Debian 7. The app is deploying and running fine on my local instance of
Tomee (Win 8) but fails to deploy to the Debian 7 server with the following
error:

WARNING: Jar not loaded. /opt/apache-tomee-plus-1.5.2/webapps/CPWS. Cannot
Load jar /opt/apache-tomee-plus-1.5.2/webapps/CPWS. The number of beans
deployed (5) does not match the number of beans actually in the jar (0).
Please redeploy this jar.
Jul 10, 2013 1:53:28 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder
startInternal
SEVERE: Unable to deploy collapsed ear in war
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/CPWS]
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot Load jar
/opt/apache-tomee-plus-1.5.2/webapps/CPWS. The number of beans deployed (5)
does not match the number of beans actually in the jar (0). Please redeploy
this jar.
at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.buildInfo(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:136)
at
org.apache.openejb.config.AppInfoBuilder.build(AppInfoBuilder.java:158).............

Let me know if the rest of the error would be of use and i'll provide it.

I've been using Tomee for a while now and have deployed to a number of Win
and *nix servers but I've not figured out why it won't deploy here.

Any obvious red flags that come up when it says "number of beans in the jar
(0)"?

Thank you for any help,
Andrew

Re: Deployment issue "beans actually in the jar (0)"

Posted by AndrewG <an...@cognisolve.com>.
Hi Romain,

thank you for the quick reply.

Just double checked and each entry in the openejb-jar file is real and
spelling is okay too. Would this not also cause a problem when deploying
locally?

Thank you,
Andrew

--****

Andrew Ghetler Ph.D.,
Managing Partner and CTO

Direct: 514-500-2266
Toll Free: 1-800-823-3830 x102
Fax: 1-800-821-5734

cognisolve.com

Posted by AndrewG <an...@cognisolve.com>.
Found the problem. In the end it had nothing to do with Tomee but appears to
be a bug in Netbeans.

When I extracted the WAR it ends up that it was just a bunch of emtpy
directories. The xml files were there but no class files. Looking in the
project build folder it was the same situation. No class files. This is
despite it building fine and even deploying fine from within Netbeans.

It was a small project so I re-created it, copied over the source files, and
it worked first go. The Tomee error was quite accurate I just didn't think
at first to look in the war file to see if the classes were actually there,
cause well why wouldn't they be!

Thank you for your help.

Re: Deployment issue "beans actually in the jar (0)"

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Can you reproduce it and share a project with us?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,