Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Klaasjan Brand <br...@topicus.nl> on 2002/04/03 17:08:52 UTC

2 small patches

Hi there,

I'd like you to consider the following small patches I've made.
These patches do not affect normal Struts operation, but are intended to
make it easier to override certain classes to provide different
implementations.

The DynaActionForm changes the type of "dynaClass" to the type
DynaActionFormClass. As far as I can see the DynaActionFormClass is used
to configure the DynaActionForm using the struts-config XML file. I've
written my own DynaActionForm implementation which doesn't use the
struts-config configuration so it can only provide a simple DynaClass.
The configuration functionality of DynaActionFormClass is only used at
configuration time, so there's no functionality lost and some
flexibility gained.

The MessageResourcesConfig patch sets a default key under which the
MessageResources instance is stored. This makes it easier to provide a
custom MessageResources object.

If there's any other way this functionality can be provided I'm very
interested, otherwise I'd like submit these patches for inclusion.

greets,
Klaasjan Brand