Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de> on 2011/10/06 10:36:03 UTC

Preferred configuration with Hardware Loadbalancer

Hello,

I am just planning a Application cluster for Tomcat. We have a big hardware
loadbalancer (Cisco) and three virtual servers. We talked about several
configurations, but it is not clear for us, how to build a Tomcat cluster,
with Failover and Session-Replication, but without Loadbalancing?

E.g. the LB redirect the request to node 1. The Apache Webserver redirects
the request to node2. So we have a double load-balancing, what ne would
avoid.

Best regards

Alexander

Re: AW: Preferred configuration with Hardware Loadbalancer

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: AW: Preferred configuration with Hardware Loadbalancer

I don't have a crystal ball to look into your setup, but I would remove httpd and set up the LB and Tomcat. Less moving parts, so it is easier to think about.

 And read this: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

 Ronald.