Posted to commons-user@db.apache.org by Kevin Williams <kw...@equiscape.com> on 2003/07/10 21:34:39 UTC

msyql connection closed timeout issue

All,

I'm hoping someone on this list can help me.  I am getting a "No
operations allowed after connection closed" error message from my web
application when I try to use a connection in my connection pool after
an extended period of time.

I've read the documentation, and it seems that after 8 hours mysql times
a connection out, and this is why I'm getting this error message.
Reading the documentation, I found the following statement:

"MySQL closes connections after 8 hours of inactivity. You either need
to use a connection pool that handles stale connections or use the
"autoReconnect" parameter (see "Developing Applications with MySQL
Connector/J")."

Here is my connection string:
jdbc:mysql://localhost/ESCRMSA?autoReconnect=true

So, I have followed their advice and added that statement.  Why am I
still getting this error?  I have spent endless hours (days actually)
trying to solve this issue, but haven't had any luck.  Any help would be
immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Williams