Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2001/09/25 04:21:53 UTC

Re: os-windows/7410: Documentation regarding Win32 Apache Server service installation is incorrect

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Guys,
>
>   I'm sorry, but I've been drowning in 'work-work' and 2.0 work :(  Is there
> anyone who could take up this PR and update the instructions based on the
> Apache 1.3.20 installer for Windows?
>
>   Essentially, they now choose "Install as Service (for All users)" and it
> just creates the service.  Otherwise, they get the "Run Apache in Console"
> shortcut.  The docs aught to say so.
>
>   Bill Stoddard is pushing quickly for a 1.3.21 release, so if this can happen
> quickly, I'm sure all future Apache/Win32 users would appreciate it.

I've got it. Patch coming as soon as I can get it done.

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go

Re: os-windows/7410: Documentation regarding Win32 Apache Server service installation is incorrect

Posted by John <my...@yahoo.com>.
Doing an outline based on my assumptions now.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.