Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mark Combellack <mc...@ubiquity.net> on 2007/07/27 11:53:06 UTC

Unable to create new Jira Issues - get a null pointer

Is anyone else having problems creating new Tuscany Jira bug reports?

I am logged into Tuscany Jira at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/Tuscany

I've tried creating a new Tuscany issue of type bug and I get the following
error:

System Error

A system error has occurred.

If this problem persists - please notify your JIRA administrator of this
problem.

If you are an administrator, please try submitting this problem via the Support
Request Page

Else, please create a support issue on our support system at
http://support.atlassian.com with the following information:

   1. a description of your problem
   2. cut & paste the error and system information found below
   3. attach the application server log file (
/usr/local/tomcat/tomcat-jira-3.9.1/bin/atlassian-jira.log )

Cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Stack Trace: [hide]

java.lang.NullPointerException

Referer URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

Build Information:
Uptime: N/A
Edition: Enterprise
Version: 3.9.1
Build Number: 234
Atlassian Partner: null
Installation Type: JIRA Standalone
Server ID: A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED

Server Information:
Application Server: Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
Servlet Version: 2.4

File Paths:
Location of entityengine.xml:
file:/usr/local/tomcat/tomcat-jira-3.9.1/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/
entityengine.xml
Location of atlassian-jira.log:
/usr/local/tomcat/tomcat-jira-3.9.1/bin/atlassian-jira.log

Memory Information:
Total Memory: 739 MB
Free Memory: 66 MB
Used Memory: 673 MB

System Information:
System Date: Friday, 27 Jul 2007
System Time: 02:48:24
Current Working Directory: /usr/local/tomcat/tomcat-jira-3.9.1/bin
Java Version: 1.6.0
Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
JVM Version: 1.0
JVM Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
JVM Implementation Version: 1.6.0-b105
Java Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
User Name: jira
User Timezone: US/Pacific
User Locale: English (United States)
System Encoding: UTF-8
Operating System: Linux 2.6.15-28-686
OS Architecture: i386
Application Server Container:
Database type: postgres72
Database JNDI address: java:comp/env/jdbc/JiraDS
Database URL: Hidden
Database version: 8.0.7
Database driver: PostgreSQL Native Driver PostgreSQL 8.0 JDBC3 with SSL (build
318)
External user management: OFF

Request Information:
- Request URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/500page.jsp
- Scheme: https
- Server: issues.apache.org
- Port: 443
- URI: /jira/500page.jsp
- Context Path: /jira
- - Servlet Path: /500page.jsp
- - Path Info: null
- - Query String:

Request Attributes
- javax.servlet.forward.request_uri : /jira/secure/CreateIssue.jspa
- javax.servlet.forward.context_path : /jira
- javax.servlet.forward.servlet_path : /secure/CreateIssue.jspa
- javax.servlet.forward.path_info : /500page.jsp
- os_securityfilter_already_filtered : true
- atlassian.core.seraph.original.url : /secure/CreateIssue.jspa
- javax.servlet.error.servlet_name : action
- javax.servlet.request.key_size : 256
- loginfilter.already.filtered : true
- com.atlassian.johnson.filters.JohnsonFilter_already_filtered : true
- jira.webwork.generic.dispatcher : webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher@b38e49
- javax.servlet.request.ssl_session :
A5FA39036E2DCCCC3F0184F778855B54B205DA36362A89521874640B276D25BF
- javax.servlet.error.message :
- webwork.result : Value stack =========== ===========
- javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite : DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA
- com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.RequestCleanupFilter_already_filtered : true
- javax.servlet.error.request_uri : /jira/secure/CreateIssue.jspa
- com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.gzip.GzipFilter_already_filtered : true
- jira.webwork.cleanup : false
- javax.servlet.error.status_code : 500
- com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ActionCleanupDelayFilter : true
- __sitemesh__filterapplied : true
- javax.servlet.error.exception : javax.servlet.ServletException

Request Logging
0 log statements generated by this request:

Listeners
 - Email Listener (com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.mail.MailListener)
 - Issue Cache Listener
(com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.cache.IssueCacheListener)
 - Issue Index Listener
(com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.search.IssueIndexListener)

Services
 - Comment from Maildir Service
(com.atlassian.jira.service.services.file.FileService)
   - Delay: 1 minutes
 - Mail Queue Service (com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.
MailQueueService)
   - Delay: 1 minutes
 - Subversion Revision Indexing Service
(com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexService)
   - Delay: 60 minutes
 - VCS Update Service (com.atlassian.jira.service.services.vcs.VcsService)
   - Delay: 99999999 minutes

Plugins
 - ASF JIRA Customizations 3.5.3 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems Pty Ltd
   - Enabled
 - Admin Menu Sections 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Browse Project Operations Sections 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Charting & Reporting 1.3.6 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems Pty Ltd
   - Enabled
 - Contributions Report Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Current User Status Plugin 1.0.1 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Custom Field Types & Searchers 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Filter List Plugin 1.0.2 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Improved HTML Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Issue Operations Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Issue Tab Panels Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Issue Views Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Portlets Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Preset Filters Sections 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Project List Plugin 1.0.1 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Project Panels Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Project Role Actors Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - RPC JIRA Plugin 3.6 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems Pty Ltd
   - Enabled
 - Releases Plugin 2.3 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Renderer Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Reports Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Search Plugin 1.0.1 - Plugin by SourceLabs
   - Enabled
 - Subversion Plugin 0.9.10 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems Pty Ltd
   - Enabled
 - Top Navigation Bar Sections 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - User Navigation Bar Sections 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - View Project Operations Sections 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Web Resources Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems Pty Ltd
   - Enabled
 - Webwork Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled
 - Workflow Plugin 1.0 - Plugin by Atlassian Software Systems
   - Enabled

Thanks

Mark

Re: Unable to create new Jira Issues - get a null pointer

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Mark Combellack wrote:
> Mark Combellack <mc...@...> writes:
>
>> Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglenook <at> ...> writes:

> I've just tried creating a Jira issue from home and it works.
>
> Looks like it is a proxy issue from work :-( Time for me to contact our IT
> department.
>
> Mark
Mark,

Ugh, sorry to hear that.  Hope that you get it fixed soon.

Homeworking has its upsides  ;-)

Yours,  Mike.

Re: Unable to create new Jira Issues - get a null pointer

Posted by Mark Combellack <mc...@ubiquity.net>.

Posted by Mark Combellack <mc...@ubiquity.net>.
Mike Edwards <mi...@...> writes:

> Mark Combellack wrote:
> > Is anyone else having problems creating new Tuscany Jira bug reports?
> >
> > I am logged into Tuscany Jira at:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/Tuscany
> >
> > I've tried creating a new Tuscany issue of type bug and I get the following
> > error:
> >
> > System Error
> >
> Mark,
>
> It is working for me right now - I just created a new Jira report.
>
> Yours,  Mike.

Thanks Mike for your comments that it is working for you. I have just tried
again and it is still not working. Not sure why.

I have tried:

Firefox on Linux
Firefox and IE on Windows

All produce the same result.  I even tried creating a new user account and this
has the same problem.

I'll try it from home when I am not behind a work proxy to see if that solves
the problem.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.