Posted to users@maven.apache.org by harshavsn <ha...@tradingscreen.com> on 2009/06/03 18:19:53 UTC

snapshot timestamp dependency classpath

Scenario Description:
1) Project Foo has a dependency on Bar-SNAPSHOT.
2) Bar-SNAPSHOT is downloaded correctly from our repository and is
timestamped.
3) The classpath of Foo shows Bar-SNAPSHOT, however the included jar has
Bar-SNAPSHOT-time-time-time.

Questions:
q1) Is there a way to rename the downloaded snapshot to not have the
timestamp?
q2) Or is there a way for maven to work out what the latest snapshot is and
insert the timestamp into the classpath?

The only work around we have the moment is to install Bar-SNAPSHOT locally
where it doesn't have the timestamp.  However this is a fudgy solution which
won't always work because we won't always have access to build Bar-SNAPSHOT
locally.

maven, 2.0.9, 2.0.10, 2.1.0