Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2007/01/19 21:54:36 UTC

what happens when you buy a Subscription item?

Hi.

What happens when you buy a Subscription item like GZ-NEWS?  I saw that
an entry is made in the Subscription entity, but does anything else
happen?  Is there suposed to be any other functionality right now?  I
didn't find a Subscription tab anywhere in the backend applications or
anything to view a subscription in ecommerce.

Si

Re: what happens when you buy a Subscription item?

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
Si,

I am still working on subscription stuff for a client. I would be glad to
share what we have done. We even experimented with a little WebTest script
to test the process and the auto rebilling.

We are now looking at what the auto-order shopping cart generates and how we
tie that together to present to the viewer to show payment history and
revenue.

Let me know if we can help.

-Al

Re: what happens when you buy a Subscription item?

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Right now that is all it does. So no, it doesn't automatically create
an auto-order shopping list, or grant access to anything in OFBiz.

There are some ties to content stuff and content permissions in
there, but both those and the Subscription entity in general is meant
to be checked for "right to access" by either another system, or
custom stuff built on top of OFBiz.

-David