Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/27 15:30:59 UTC

Trademark guidelines?

L.S.,

Looking at our latest board report (cfr.
http://servicemix.apache.org/community/board-reports.html), we still have a
few tasks outstanding for the trademark guidelines.  With the new web site
in place, the trademark attribution has already been added and I'm adding
it to the documentation template as well, but we also have some work to do
on the logos.

>From what I read on
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#graphics, ideally we would
have to:
- add a TM somewhere in the logo
- add a Powered by... logo
- perhaps add a small apache feather somewhere in the logo (like e.g. to
replace the final i in ServiceMix or something)?

Unfortunately, while I may not be any good at coding, I'm far worse at
doing graphics design ;)  Is there anyone with the skills/time available to
fix those issues so we can report some progress on this on our next board
report?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: Trademark guidelines?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

I did this kind of minor changes on Karaf (TM, powered by, etc).

I can try a Gimp change ;)

Regards
JB

On 12/27/2011 03:30 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> Looking at our latest board report (cfr.
> http://servicemix.apache.org/community/board-reports.html), we still have a
> few tasks outstanding for the trademark guidelines.  With the new web site
> in place, the trademark attribution has already been added and I'm adding
> it to the documentation template as well, but we also have some work to do
> on the logos.
>
>  From what I read on
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#graphics, ideally we would
> have to:
> - add a TM somewhere in the logo
> - add a Powered by... logo
> - perhaps add a small apache feather somewhere in the logo (like e.g. to
> replace the final i in ServiceMix or something)?
>
> Unfortunately, while I may not be any good at coding, I'm far worse at
> doing graphics design ;)  Is there anyone with the skills/time available to
> fix those issues so we can report some progress on this on our next board
> report?
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Trademark guidelines?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hey Wim,

Thanks for the "Powered by" logo as well - that's one more branding
requirements checkbox we can tick!  I added the logo to the
http://servicemix.apache.org/community/users.html page on the website.

Thanks,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: Trademark guidelines?

Re: Trademark guidelines?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hey Wim,

Thanks for fixing up that logo!  It's a bit hard to see without a
colored background, but that looks exactly like what we need.  I'll
update the website to use this new TM'ed logo later today.

Thanks,

Gert

Re: Trademark guidelines?