Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> on 2013/02/08 21:45:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCE} The 2nd hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download

The 2nd 0.94.5 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.5-rc1/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

0.94.5 is a bug fix release. This RC has 76 issues resolved against it, contributed by 230 individuals.
These are mostly bug fixes. Also fixed is a long standing bug in replication along with lots of random test failures.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323874

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by February 15th on whether we should release this as 0.94.5.

The release testing spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdFhTZlI5QWhOUzBneHRCazk0Y1FOSUE#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars

Re: [ANNOUNCE} The 2nd hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I ran TestSplitTransactionOnCluster using security profile twice.
It passed.

Cheers

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 overall.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Awesome. Thanks boss :)

________________________________

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Sorry. Done.

________________________________

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
:)
Should have been 30.

________________________________

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Will test it asap ;)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
0.94.5 should be available in maven now:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hbase/hbase/0.94.5/

St.Ack

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [ANNOUNCE} The 2nd hbase 0.94.5 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Enis,

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Thanks Aditya!

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew, you are too kind :)

And yes, this is first of the many "bottled" tests we run to validate all
HBase builds included in our distribution.

Regards,
Aditya...

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1 tested locally.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Thanks Enis. Did not figured the src was there :(

I ran the entire test suite 3 times without any failure.
Ran also the PerformanceEvaluation for read and write and again,
results are consistents.

Deployed on my 8 nodes, and did some tests (c.f. google spreadsheet).

I got one stange exception:
2013-02-13 08:15:37,271 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster:
Region server node5,60020,1360758340056 reported a fatal error:
ABORTING region server node5,60020,1360758340056: Unrecoverable
exception while closing region
entry,blablabla,1360113646383.6606b14bbeca144d0c4d2fb5f36ee8ae., still
finishing close
Cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/HRegion$2
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.doClose(HRegion.java:983)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.close(HRegion.java:916)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.CloseRegionHandler.process(CloseRegionHandler.java:119)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:169)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Was not able to reproduce that after a server restart.

So +1 for me.

JM

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.