Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "satishr@solix.com" <sa...@solix.com> on 2003/04/10 03:47:38 UTC

Tomcat not working on HP-UX 11.0

Hi,

 I had installed the tomcat on HP-UX, set the environment and started the
server using startup.sh.

 Every thing went on well, but when i tried to connect i am gettig error
500 ie page could not be displayed.

 Please advice on the same.

Regards.
Satish

Re: Tomcat not working on HP-UX 11.0

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Please followup with tomcat-user (tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org) since this
is a user question.

Since you are on HP-UX, I recommend the following:
- Use a 1.3 JVM (I personally don't trust a 1.4 jvm on hpux ... yet)
- Make sure your box has all the patches

That probably won't solve the problem described below. In that case, in your
tomcat installation there is a logs directory. Look at catalina.out or
local_host_log{date}.txt for more error information. If the output in those
logs look confusing, give us a description why in the user list which is at
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

I also have a FAQ which might be helpful at:
http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net/

-Tim