Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Landaluze Produktions IS - Carlos <li...@lpis.com> on 2000/12/03 19:06:32 UTC

bug in tomcat 3.2 final??

i am pùt the tomcat 3.2 final in linux
Is ti very well
but if i want to connect to a DB (MSsql server), in other pc......
if there is not the odbc object created in the MSsql server pc the tomcat
crass!! turn off.
the tomcat doesn't not show there normal error message it turn off.

my answer is:
if the sql server pc in that moment is off, and in from the tomcat there is
a query to the sql server it'll turns off always?? this is not notmal

i am using in the linux a jdbc dfriver to connect to the windows SQL server
thanks
Carlos

Re: bug in tomcat 3.2 final??

Posted by Pier Paolo Bortone <pi...@netengineering.it>.
I try to explore your problems but I encountered another problem.

Can you help me?

I have installed jdk1.3 on Linux and I have the DB on MSSQLServer7.0, can you tell me about the sintax of connect string?

For example:

with mySQL I write:

jdbc:mysql://hostname:port/dbname

and with MSSQLServer?

jdbc:odbc: .......??????? and after, how it continue? Missing am I anything in linux configuration?

Help me.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Carlos <li...@lpis.com>.
the JDK1.3 for linux

Re: bug in tomcat 3.2 final??

Posted by Pier Paolo Bortone <pi...@netengineering.it>.
Carlos,

Re: bug in tomcat 3.2 final??

Posted by Carlos <li...@lpis.com>.
yes the tomcat turn off.

Performance problems with tomcat 3.2 and Sun's JDK1.3 for Win32

Posted by duncan <du...@ip.lu>.
Has Anybody else had performance problems when running Tomcat 3.2 (b8 or final
release) using Sun's 1.3 JDK/JRE?

I have experienced response times of 40 seconds for a jsp page. The problem seems to
come in the JSP part. The request is processed initially in a controlling servlet
and then forwarded to a JSP layout page. Here other JSP pages are included to build
up the response page.

Re: bug in tomcat 3.2 final??

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Landaluze Produktions IS - Carlos wrote:

> i am pùt the tomcat 3.2 final in linux
> Is ti very well
> but if i want to connect to a DB (MSsql server), in other pc......
> if there is not the odbc object created in the MSsql server pc the tomcat
> crass!! turn off.
> the tomcat doesn't not show there normal error message it turn off.

Are you sure Tomcat itself is really crashing?  It would show some sort of stack
trace or error message to system output of the window where it was started in
this case.

The only reason that Tomcat itself would crash would be due to bugs in the
JdbcOdbcDriver (which has native code in it, so bugs here can indeed crash the
JVM).  It sounds like you are encountering such a bug.  I would recommend using
a different driver -- the JdbcOdbcDriver is not designed for robust production
use.  You can check out available drivers on the JDBC Drivers page at
<http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc>.

> my answer is:
> if the sql server pc in that moment is off, and in from the tomcat there is
> a query to the sql server it'll turns off always?? this is not notmal
>
> i am using in the linux a jdbc dfriver to connect to the windows SQL server
> thanks
> Carlos

Craig