Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org> on 2000/02/10 12:59:53 UTC

The last bug in SAXParser implementation for tonight

Here I come again :) For the last time tonight (I hope) :)

I see a strange behaviour of the SAXParser when I parse this document:

?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE document [
  <!ENTITY nbsp "&#64;">
]>

<document>
  <test value="&nbsp;"/>
</document>

What happens on the sax? Here is a "trace" of the combined content and
lexical handlers installed:

setDocumentLocator
startDocument
  startDTD name="document" publicId=(null) systemId=(null)
  endDTD
  startElement uri="" loc="document" raw="document"
    characters [
  ]
    startEntity name="nbsp"
    endEntity name="nbsp"
    startElement uri="" loc="test" raw="test"
    + attribute uri="" loc="value" raw="value" typ="CDATA" val="@"
    endElement uri="" loc="test" raw="test"
    characters [
]
  endElement uri="" loc="document" raw="document"
endDocument

You see? before I see the notification of the "test" element, I receive
notification of an entity with no body called "nbsp", the entity I have
as an attribute in the test element.

Done bothering for today (probably!)

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: The last bug in SAXParser implementation for tonight

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Andy Clark wrote:

> Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> > I see a strange behaviour of the SAXParser when I parse this document:
>
> How did this message get into this thread? ;)
>
> Anyway, I'm not surprised that there are problems with SAX2beta
> support. It has *not* been tested, yet. I posted a request on
> the mailing list for someone to test it (and provide the patches)
> but it hasn't happened. Therefore, Ralf has agreed to look into
> testing it. It will be tested before we release.

I am reporting a bug :)

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org